Sacred Sea: for a living Salish Sea
The Salish Sea Campaign was started when we worked as Lummi Nation’s Sovereignty and Treaty Protection Office and continues through the Lhaq’temish-led 501c3 non-profit Sacred Lands Conservancy doing business as Sacred Sea. Our mission is to preserve, protect, and promote Lummi sovereignty, treaty rights, and Schelangen by defending and revitalizing Xw’ullemy (Salish Sea bioregion) waters and sacred sites.
Join us in the #SalishSeaDaughter challenge! Your tweets and social media posts might just help us convince Miami Seaquarium to work with us in a good way to bring our orca relation home! Challenge ends on August 5. Prizes & Gratitude! Details at: https://sacredsea.org/salishseadaughter-twitter-challenge/
For our Salish Sea Campaign:
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Attend our (now virtual) events
- Subscribe to our newsletter (button at the bottom of this page)
For our work to bring the captive orca Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut home to the Salish Sea:
- Indigenous groups: we are humbly asking leaders of Indigenous groups to sign on to this letter of solidarity which connects our work to bring our relation home to the larger work of upholding Indigenous rights internationally. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Everybody: please sign the current Earth Law Center petition
- Hold your own ceremony (here are some ideas) and share the video to our Ceremonies for Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut page
- Tax-deductible donations to the Tokitae Fund of Lummi Nation’s Lhaqtemish Foundation
We work in community with:
Lhaq’temish Foundation is the fiscal sponsor for the Tokitae Fund. Other community partners and allies include Children of the Setting Sun Productions; Sierra Club, Stand.earth, Whale Sanctuary Project, RE Sources for Sustainable Communities, Orca Network, Wild Orca, Mosquito Fleet, Earth Ministry, Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship, The Natural History Museum, Earth Law Center.
Scroll through for news below
Protect and Revitalize the Salish Sea
Your tax-deductible donations to the Tokitae Fund of Lummi Nation's Lhaqtemish Foundation directly supports the Salish Sea Campaign and the work to bring Sk'aliCh'elh-tenaut (Tokitae/Lolita) home. Hy’shqe!