Sacred Sea: for a living Salish Sea
SacredSea.org is the website, social media, and communications arm for the Salish Sea Campaign that was started by Lummi Nation’s Sovereignty and Treaty Protection Office and, since that Office’s closure, is continuing through the Lummi-led non-profit Sacred Lands Conservancy. Our mission is to preserve, protect, and promote Lummi sovereignty, treaty rights, and schelangen by defending and revitalizing Xw’ullemy (Salish Sea bioregion) waters.
For our Salish Sea Campaign:
- Follow our Facebook Page
- Attend our (now virtual) events
- Subscribe to our newsletter (button at the bottom of this page)
For our work to bring the captive orca Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut home to the Salish Sea:
- We are invoking the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in our call to bring our relation Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut home. We are grateful for the international Indigenous support we have received and we continue to humbly ask Indigenous groups to sign on to this letter of support
- Everybody: please sign the current Earth Law Center petition
- Hold your own ceremony (here are some ideas) and share the video to our Ceremonies for Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut page
- Tax-deductible donations to the Tokitae Fund of Lummi Nation’s Lhaqtemish Foundation
We work in community with:
Lhaq’temish Foundation is the fiscal sponsor for the Tokitae Fund. Other community partners and allies include Children of the Setting Sun Productions; Sierra Club, Stand.earth, Whale Sanctuary Project, RE Sources for Sustainable Communities, Orca Network, Wild Orca, Mosquito Fleet, Earth Ministry, Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship, The Natural History Museum, Earth Law Center.
Scroll through for news below
Protect and Revitalize the Salish Sea
Your tax-deductible donations to the Tokitae Fund of Lummi Nation's Lhaqtemish Foundation directly supports the Salish Sea Campaign and the work to bring Sk'aliCh'elh-tenaut (Tokitae/Lolita) home. Hy’shqe!